Race for the Double Helix
Write a 2 page synopsis of the movie, Double Helix, using the following outline for your summary. Your grade will be based on the amount of specific facts you include from the movie.
- How did Watson meet Crick
- Where did Watson and Crick work
- Where did Franklin work
- The “race”
- The “prize”
“One of the Believers”
- Who were the believers
- What did they believe in
- How was Watson’s sister to help
- Why was Linus Pauling a threat
- Why was Wilkins helpful
- Why wasn’t Franklin helpful
- Who was Franklin ’s assistant
- What types of DNA did Franklin find
- What type did she spend most of her research time on and why?
- Tell about the 1st model Watson and Crick built and what was the problem
“She Hasn’t Seen It”
- What did Franklin miss
- Why didn’t Wilkins go ahead and build the model
- Watson & Crick had to get permission from the head of the Cavendish Institute for what to be done
- Who determined how the bases fit together and how did they do this?
- Where did they end up putting the phosphates
- How were Watson & Crick able to finally build the DNA model
- What was Wilkins part?
- Who got credit for finding the structure of DNA
- What was Rosalind Franklin’s response when she saw the model that Watson & Crick built