Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration Study Guide
* Name 3 life processes that require energy.
* What is the ultimate source of energy on earth?
* The process of plants capturing sunlight & making complex molecules is called?
* Where in chloroplasts are grana found?
* What are biochemical pathways?
* Name 3 things that happens to light that strikes an object.
* Why does chlorophyll look green to your eyes?
* What happens to chlorophyll’s electrons when they absorb energy?
* What pigments are found in flower petals?
* What chain do electrons enter when they are raised to a higher energy level after absorbing energy?
* What replaces the electrons lost by photosystem I?
* What is the source of oxygen during photosynthesis?
* Complex carbohydrates are made during what part of photosynthesis?
* Where is energy temporarily stored when food molecules are broken down?
* What gas made during photosynthesis is used in cellular respiration?
* What is the process of breaking down food molecules to release stored energy called?
* Name 3 things that occur during glycolysis.
* Breaking down organic molecules without oxygen is known as what?
* What acid builds up in muscles during heavy exercise without enough oxygen?
* Name the 2 stages of cellular respiration.