Choose and complete one of the following ideas for a project to do on invertebrates:
- Choose any 10 invertebrates and do black ink drawings on these organisms on separate sheets of unlined paper.
- Construct a scrapbook containing 20 colored pictures ( not from the internet) of various invertebrates. Attach each picture to a separate sheet of paper and include the phylum & common name for each.
- Build a 3-dimensional model of any invertebrate.
- Create your own arthropod! Make up a name, description, taxonomy, etc. for your organism. Your arthropod must include the basic characteristics of all arthropods. A drawing of your "arthropod" must be included along with your written description.
- Using materials that you can recycle, such as aluminum pop cans, cardboard tubes, styrofoam trays, etc., choose an insect and construct it. Include the common name & order with your insect.
- Construct a crossword puzzle (not a word search puzzle) with at least 40 different invertebrates or invertebrate terms. You must include an un-worked puzzle and a key with your crossword.
- Choose two social insects and a 3-4 page handwritten (2 pages typed, double spaced) paper comparing and contrasting their caste systems and social behavior.