|Developing a Controlled Experiment|
Directions: Using your knowledge of the Scientific Method, complete the following situations.
1. Define hypothesis?
2. Define experimental variable?
3. Why is it important for an experiment to contain a control?
4. Develop a controlled experiment to back up the following hypothesis:
The temperature of a lake has an effect on a fish’s ability to produce viable offspring.
- List the equipment needed to carry on this experiment.
- List the steps of the controlled experiment so that any one can follow.
- What is the experimental variable?
- What are the control(s) of the experiment?