Name(s)__________________________________ Group______ Date ________ Period_____
Crayfish Dissection Worksheet
1. What structures are used for capturing prey and securing and eating food?
2. How are the antennae, chelipeds, other walking legs, and swimmerets related?
3. What are the main structures you could have observed when you removed the exoskeleton of the abdomen and tell the function of each?
4. Is the crayfish most vulnerable to its enemies from the dorsal or ventral side? Why?
5. The crayfish usually molts, or sheds its exoskeleton, twice a year. Why does the crayfish "hide" after it molts?
6. Name the appendages found on the head of a crayfish & tell the function of each.
7. Of the systems studied, which two are most unlike the related human system? Why?
8. Although the crayfish has an inflexible cephalothorax, the crayfish is classified as a segmented animal. Why?
9. Name the appendages found on the thorax of the crayfish and tell the function of each.
10. Name the appendages on the abdomen of the thorax and tell the function of each.
11. Label the drawing of the crayfish.