Preparing an Abstract
All Materials © Cmassengale
An abstract is a summary or synopsis of an article in a journal or magazine. The purpose of preparing an abstract is to acquaint you with scientific literature and to expose you to current topics in biology.
- Articles to be abstracted must be at least two pages (text) in length.
- Work cited must be included at the top of the abstract page.
- Triple space between the citation & the start of your paper
- Abstracts must be handwritten and at least two and a half pages in length.
- Write your name, date, and period at the top of the abstract.